What Should You Bring To You Jackson Hewitt Tax Interview
Do you know what documents are needed for your interview?
Check the list below. You many not need or have all of these documents. Bring the ones you have. If you have questions, ask your Jackson Hewitt tax agent.
What to bring:
- Wage statements/W-2s
- Driver’s license(s)
- Social Security card(s)
- Dependents’ Social Security numbers and dates of birth
- Last year’s Federal and State tax return, if not a prior-year client
- Child care expenses and provider information
- Lottery or gambling winnings/losses
- State or local taxes paid
- Mortgage or home equity loan interest paid/1098
- Real estate and personal property taxes
- Cash and non-cash charitable donations
- Medical and dental expenses
- Record of purchase or sale of residence
- Alimony paid or received
- Unreimbursed employment-related expenses
- Job-related educational expenses
- Educator expenses
- Tuition and Education Fees/1098-T
- Student loan interest/1098-E
- Casualty or theft losses
- Commissions received/paid
- Pension, retirement income/1099-R
- Unemployment income/1099-G
- Canceled Debt Amount/1099-C
- Social Security income/SSA-1099
- IRA contributions
- Statements on the sales of stocks or bonds/1099-B
- Interest and dividend income/1099-INT/1099-DIV
- State refund amount/1099-G
- Income and expenses from rentals
- Self-employed business income and expenses/1099-MISC
- Estimated taxes or foreign taxes paid
- HUD-1 statement or substitute, if new home purchased
Do You Need An ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number)
Find Out If You Qualify and Whether You Need to Apply for An ITIN
An ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number) enables individuals who aren't eligible for Social Security Numbers to comply with US tax laws and take care of their IRS requirements.
An ITIN cannot be used for employment purposes.
Jackson Hewitt Tax Service can assist with the application process of the ITIN, including the following steps:
- Completing Form W-7.
- Completing Form 1040.
- Attaching required identity documents in from the IRS list of acceptable documents.
- Jackson Hewitt Acceptance Agents send paper forms of all documents to the IRS.
Family members can be included on tax returns filed using ITIN if:
- They qualify as dependents
- They live in Canada, Mexico or the United States
- If dependents do not qualify to obtain a social security number you can apply for ITIN's for them.
By law the IRS is prohibited from communicating with the Department of Immigration unless tributary fraud should exist.